Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Misfit. Renegade. Law Student.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Wait, I can explain...

Happy New Year, and whatnot.

I took a lovely walk around the city today in the BEAUTEOUS weather and decided

[Brody Dalle's kickass voice is distracting me...hold on...]

that I am going to fill my life with activities. Productive activities. Somehow, this feeling was brought on by the sight of the Village Voice offices. Something about the the Village Voice makes me want to work really hard for free, which is weird. I mean, I'm okay with interning, as long as it's not pure gofer-ing, but why the Village Voice?

So this (blogging) is one of the activities that I've decided to pursue, in hopes that it will leave less time for the boozing and smoking, which I love to do despite their loving me less and less as I age.

Case in point: I got so excited about the prospect of nearly universally condoned, nay, mandated drinking on the Eve that on the eve of the Eve, I went out and got inconceivably drunk (read: so drunk that it is AMAZING that I woke up the next day. Or ever.) Truly, one of the problems may be that in my general daily fogginess, I sometimes forget to eat food. Another possibility is that I have so battered my innards over the years that they refuse to process alcohol as they used to. Most likely, I am simply a decadent lush. Alas.

As a result of this debauched carrying on, I did not see any reason to continue the fete on the Eve. So I watched Dick Clark without the Dick Clark. Sad- good luck Mr. Clark.
***

Since starting law school, I have not kept up with any of my hobbies. I need hobbies. Writing is one of my hobbies. So I'll warn you now, I *may* be posting some of my ludicrous poems and such from time to time. Otherwise, I will generally rant and rave and aimlessly release some of the pressure. Ahhhh, sweet release.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucas Brachish said...

The best part of New Year's Even in NYC is trying not to slip in all the vomit on the stairs leading down to the subways. Oh, and the people passed out on the trains....

Your threat of posting poetry on your blog is a dangerous one -- I've been tempted to do the same with my blog, but I've managed to resist. Be strong!

1:11 AM  
Blogger Lucas Brachish said...

The template design used on this blog is really awesome, by the way... if it's one of the defaults available to everyone, I'm tempted to change over to it myself. Good choice.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Kicknit said...

Welcome to Blogger!

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.