Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Misfit. Renegade. Law Student.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Dwarf Rambling?!

I was watching E! today and during the True Hollywood Story on the sitcom Growing Pains, there was discussion of the stalking and killing of Rebecca Schaeffer, an actress from the show My Sister Sam. I googled her in order to get a better account of what happened to her and came across this website, Frank's Reel Reviews. I began to read all of the horrible morbid death stories and one of them concerned Herve Villechaize, better known as the character Tattoo, from the show Fantasy Island. I already knew a little bit about his life, from some other E! THS episode (man, do I watch a lot of crap...) and so nothing about his story was very surprising. What was surprising was the really MEAN-SPIRITED description of Herve, especially in the paragraph describing his emotional and physical pain and subsequent suicide. Here's part of it:

"In the early morning hours of September 4, 1993 his common-law wife (even though she didn't live in the same house) would find his dead dwarf body. It seems Herve had written a suicide note, grabbed his tape recorder and proceeded to his cluttered backyard. He turned on the tape recorder and spoke into the microphone, "Kathy, I can't live like this anymore. I've always been a proud man and always wanted to make you proud of me. You know you made me feel like a giant and that's how I want you to remember me" After a bit more dwarf rambling he said "I'm doing what I have to do...I want everything to go to Kathy...I want everyone to know that I love them."" (emphasis mine)

...

Wow. I don't think Frank liked Fantasy Island. "Dwarf rambling?!" Wow.

Well, back to the grind...wait. No, back to THS. Paz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.